Our Cheese Products
Products to meet your specific cheese processing requirements
We have a huge range of cheese available for shredding, slicing, crumbing, prepackaging and processing, with all our products graded in advance. All the cheese products we supply exceed our clients' expectations, whether it is a 20kg block of cheese or dairy ingredients for further processing.
At Dansko Foods, we can supply cheddar of all ages and profiles to meet your specific requirements from retail to ingredients applications. Our extensive knowledge in grading and selecting cheese allows us to accurately meet your demands.
The typical flavours of cheese are curd, mild, medium, mature, extra mature and the grades would be slicing, prepacking, shredding, processing and powdering. We can provide a large range of distinctive products.
We source our raw materials from Ireland, UK and Europe which allows us to meet your specific flavour, quality and origin requirements.
- Curd - A young cheese that is 2 to 6 weeks old. Curd is ideal for melting and is a favourite for processers around the world.
- Mild - 1 to 3 months old Cheddar has a smooth texture and a creamy taste and is suitable for all applications.
- Medium - As flavours preferences vary from one person to the next, some may find Mature to be too rich, and others may find mild a bit bland. Medium Cheddar can be a happy medium! Typically, 3 to 6 months old, it has become a growing favourite on the market shelves.
- Mature - Mature Cheddar is typically aged from 6 to 12 month has a distinctive sharp and rich flavour, with a firm texture.
- Extra Mature - Extra Mature & Vintage cheddars aged anywhere between 14 - 28 months. A typical characteristic of Extra mature Cheddar is its calcium lactate crystal formations. This crystal develops from soluble calcium derived from the protein-bound calcium phosphate that is solubilised/released over the first month of cheese ripening, and lactate derived from the fermentation of lactose by starter cultures. Certain products also have a distinct nutty flavour.
Grass-Fed Dairy Cheese Products
View our full range of cheese products
Meeting your requirements
We can take in product of varying fat and dry matter content, and create a standardised end-product to meet the specification requirements of our clients. This has particular relevance for use as a process cheese, where cost-effectiveness is of highest priority and can help improve our client throughputs.
The products are standardized to meet the functional requirements of the customers' cheese products, such as shredding, etc.
Premium Irish Cheese Products
As an Irish cheddar bulk supplier, Dansko Foods have an excellent range of cheese selected and graded to meet your specific requirements.
Cheese is a versatile and delicious ingredient in great food, whether you are seeking a top quality Italian cheese for your food service outlet or a reliable white cheddar that will add flavour and taste to your end products. At Dansko Foods, our expertise enables us to find the best product solutions for you, and we pride ourselves on customer service standards that mean we won’t let you down.
We are a wholesale cheese supplier and have the versatility and variety to supply everything you require. We supply into many industries, including foodservice, retail and industrial; sourcing, cut and pack or bespoke blends supplying both bulk and added value formats.
Why Irish Cheese?
The high quality of Irish cheddar is directly related to our cows being pasture fed on grass for long periods of the year. This gives Irish cheddar a unique yellow colour due to the natural beta carotene in grass. Irish cheddar is also distinct from other main cheddar manufacturers of UK, New Zealand and Australia.
Irish cheddar is uniquely distinctive with its clean, sweet, fresh aroma and certain products have nutty flavour notes.
Irish Mature Cheddar is predominately produced in the summer period when the milk constituents are at their optimum. This allows the cheese to keep for long periods of time and to mature at an even profile. It is our opinion that Irish Mature Cheddar is the world's best but of course we are biased!
We can source a large range of Irish cheese products for our clients, fitting their unique requirements.